Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Making Blots


One of the reasons I've been too busy to blog is that I'm preparing another instructional video. This one will cover Rorschach administration. In addition to putting the storyboard together, I created some images to use for the video transitions. Wary of using the real blots due to copyright/permission issues, I have made some of my own. I experimented with different kinds of media, including children's paint, watercolors, as well as... that's right, ink. Each has its own virtues, but the ink gets closer to the originals in look and in spirit, which after all were in ink. Still getting the right paper is a challenge, since it has to be folded in half and you want to keep the ink from bleeding through the paper. This is a sheet of several that I made, a bit like the scoring sheet for the Rorschach.

2 comments:

jen721 said...

Very cool ink blots! I made some when teaching my 8th grade students Flowers for Algernon. It was very interesting to see their take on what they see in the pictures.

Barry Dauphin said...

Thanks, Jen. It was fun to put this together. You never know quite how each one will turn out.