Friday, December 29, 2006

Who's that knocking? Part Deux


Well, it happened again. This time someone high on something was banging at my door around 3:45 am or there abouts. She...and yes it was a she... was pounding on my back door. I was so disoriented when I woke up, I went to the front of the house, opened an upstairs window and shouted. Then I realized the person was pounding on my back door. So around the back I go. She backs away from the door and comes into view briefly after I shouted to get out of here. I couldn't tell at first if it be man or woman, though I thought woman. She said ok but she wanted to get her partner. It was clear she was high as a kite (my guess is heroin or possibly acid based on the way she acted). She was slighty responsive but did not act the way most anyone would when caught at something like this.

I got the phone and dialed 9-1-1. The operator was sking me questions, especially if I got a look at the person. I wasn't sure whether she was man or woman, so I shouted out again, telling her to leave and telling her the police were on their way. She just kept pounding away. When the police got here, they came to front door and I sent them around to back. I could see that she was initially unresponsive when they told her to step down off the porch. They arrested her, asked my if I knew her ("no"), got my name and number. They carted her off. I hope she isn't released soon, as we have had an overcrowding situation in the county jail, and a lot of folks have been released shortly after arrest, if the crime is non violent.

No comments: