Tuesday, August 29, 2006

More Than You Expect

So I moved a rug into my office today. It's the rug that has been in my living room for about 10 years. It is a nice machine made oriental rug (as the guy from Miers who sold it to me insisted on emphasizing "Machine made", even in his Christmas card). I want to repaint the living room and have the floors sanded and refinished. So I wanted to move the rug to my office to give the office a better feel (instead of UDM institutional).

Trying to get that sucker in was a big ordeal. I was hoping to deftly lift one side of furniture, then other. No such luck. Everything had to come out and everything back in. Sweat pours off my as I do this, crawling around the floor trying to take care of all the damned cables and wiores we have to deal with in modernity. Well, at least the mission was accomplished. I figure the living room will be a long term project, doing it bits and pieces at a time. I'll pay people to do the floors, but I figure to do the painting.

No comments: